We place great value in our ongoing relationship with Japan, our most consistent seed customer.
- Population: 127 million
- Primary health concerns: Heart disease, cancer
- Total vegetable oil consumption (2014): 2.5 million tonnes
Imports of Canadian canola (2015)
- Seed: 1.9 million tonnes valued at $1.1 billion
- Oil: 8 thousand tonnes valued at $9.2 million
- Meal: No canola meal was exported to Japan in 2015
- Total value of exports to Japan: $1.1 billion
- Seed imports are consistently around 2 million tonnes per year.